Post-Doctoral Research Fellow x 3 vacancies are available at our client, Wits Health Consortium
About the Position
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow x 3 vacancies are available at our client, Wits Health Consortium MRC/Wits Rural Public Health and Health Transitions Research Unit (Agincourt) in Bushbuckridge in Mpumalanga.
School of Public Health
The MRC/Wits-Agincourt Research Unit is a leading health and population research centre that supports a major research infrastructure including a health and socio-demographic surveillance system (HDSS) covering the Agincourt sub-district of rural Mpumalanga Province adjacent to Mozambique. Taking a life course approach, the Unit undertakes interdisciplinary observational and intervention research collaborating with scientists from South
African and sub-Saharan, UK/European and North American institutions.
Successful Postdoctoral Fellows will join a multidisciplinary team of research and data scientists and enjoy unparalleled opportunity across all stages of the research process, including ethics and public engagement, field science, research data management, and research-to-policy engagement. Fellows will be supported and
mentored to publish in peer-review journals.
Fellows will follow a tailored programme embedded in focus research areas depending on their background,
experience and interest:
- Adolescent health and development (including HIV and mental health)
- Adult health and ageing (including non-communicable diseases, HIV and mental health)
- Population trends, transitions and social determinants (including migration)
- Applied Statistics, Informatics and Computing
- Agincourt –Bushbuckridge (Mpumalanga Province)
Required minimum education and training
- PhD awarded within past 5 years (or pending)
- Background in relevant discipline(s), including Epidemiology, Statistics, Decision Sciences, Public Health, Economics, Demography, Population Studies, related Social Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Informatics and Computing
- Evidence of high academic and scholarly potential
- English language proficiency, strong conceptual and writing skills
Applications must include
- Cover letter outlining your interest in and suitability for the fellowship
- Detailed CV
- Names and contact details of 3 referees (at least two academic)
- Examples of written or published work
- Certified copies of degree certificates and academic transcripts
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV to Amanda Celliers at AJ Personnel. Please apply online but if you struggle, please phone AJ Personnel for email details.
- Please take note that the applicants who donotadhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 22 June 2018.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants fromdesignated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium. AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.