Customer Insights Analyst - Customer Marketing job in Cape Town
Medical Aid, Pension Fund
Employment Equity position
#CIA - CT
The customer insights analyst will work closely with the research manager to design, manage, and maintain key research systems and tools to ensure in-depth insights are derived and delivered to key stakeholders. The key focus is on all strategic tracking studies (VOC/TNPS, NPS, Market Incidence trackers), ad-hoc in-house research projects and an internally managed customer panel.
Strategy and operational
- Provide analytical support on all key trackers, i.e. NPS, attributes, and market incidence.
- Support online research manager to deliver on all online ad-hoc research requirements and output and ensure sampling integrity and representavity, optimal survey design and setup, processing and analysing data to deliver integrated insights across multiple sources of data for higher level strategic input.
- Manage the research process to ensure smooth execution and support all administrative tasks related to online research studies.
- Support the design, build, and management of a research panel.
- Gather and integrate customer insights requirements across all channels, i.e. retail, call centre, online, self-service, and all other supporting business areas, i.e. the customer team. Translate business objectives into clear research methodology and processes that deliver actionable outputs to business.
- Work closely with peers in the customer strategy and broader BU teams to ensure integration of insights and in-depth data analysis to deliver on core business needs through customer reports and analysis outputs.
- Provide robust, relevant, and actionable customer insights using transactional data and market research resources.
- Develop methodologies to integrate streams of customer insights, distinguishing between research, feedback, and social media.
- Work with different business areas, i.e. marketing, digital, BI, IT, etc. to ensure all customer data requirements are met.
- A three to four-year degree/diploma in commerce, science, or business science or any related field of study (e.g. rconometrics/statistics) is essential.
- A minimum two to five years’ experience in an analytical role specializing in strategic insights (research and analytics), data manipulation, interpretation, and report writing.
- Experience in working with research agencies, knowledge of research methodologies and processes.
- Advanced MS Excel, MS PowerPoint skill and statistical packages (SPSS/SAS).
- Business acumen: proven understanding of business environments and processes.
- Ability to apply techniques in a practical way within a business environment.
- Ability to turn data into actionable intelligence and insights.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to interact effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Process thinking ability
- Conceptual ability.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Teamwork: Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all stakeholders.