Apply at the University of Johannesburg (UJ) for your 2021 Academic Studies – Prospectus, Admission Requirements for Courses
Application Requirements at UJ
To be able to gain access to a faculty and to a specific programme, applicants are required to have the appropriate combination of recognised National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Independent Examinations Board (IEB) subjects as well as certain levels of achievement in these subjects as set out in this prospectus. Learners who have not written the National Senior Certificate or Independent Examinations Board final examinations, but fall in the categories listed below will be referred to the faculties* for faculty-specific selection:
- ACE School of Tomorrow,
- National Certificate Vocational (NCV) NASCA, ASC N3/N4/N5/N6 results,
- Any other final school-leaving certificates not aforementioned.
- PsyCaD evaluation.
Conditional admission is based on the final Grade 11 results. Final admission is based on the final Grade 12 results. The earlier you apply, the more likely it is that you will be accepted into a UJ Residence. Only once you have applied and you have your reference/student number will you be able to investigate bursaries that may cover your studies.
Paper-based Application Process at UJ
- Step 1: Select your qualification study choices 1 and 2. (Ensure you meet the admission requirements as set out in this prospectus.)
- Step 2: Complete the academic application form with a payment of R200 for a paper application (no payment required for online application).
- Step 3: Once you have submitted your application, please allow for three weeks before checking on the status of your application. If your application meets the necessary requirements and there is space in your selected programme, you will be informed on whether your application has been successful or not.
- Download UJ Application Form for 2019 PDF
2021 Online Application Process
Please note that all official communication will be sent via email. You may also go to the UJ website to check your application status using your ID or student number
Please note the following:
- No application fee will be charged for online applications.
- If you have previously applied and have a UJ student number, please call the UJ Call Centre (011 559 4555) to ensure that your cell number and email address are captured on our student database. This will ensure you receive a PIN number to complete the online application process.
International Students Application at the University of Johannesburg (UJ)
Admission for all applicants is subject to the faculty qualifications admission point score requirements. Registration of admitted international applicants is subject to compliance requirements as stipulated by the Immigration Act No.13 of 2002, the regulations made thereunder and the University’s policy.
You may apply online at www.uj.ac.za and follow a link to Apply@UJ, or you may download the application form, which should either be submitted to the Student Enrolment Centre or mailed to the University.