Latest DPSA Circular 2020 December: Vacancies in the Public Service:
Although the Circular is issued by the Department of Public Service and Administration, the Department is not responsible for the content of the advertisements. Inquiries about an advertisement must be addressed to the relevant advertising department.
DPSA Circular 27 of 2020
National Departments Jobs (PDF Downloads)
- Cooperative Governance
- Government Printing Works
- Higher Education and Training
- Home Affairs
- Justice and Constitutional Development
- Mineral Resources and Energy
- National Prosecuting Authority
- Office of the Chief Justice
- Office of the Public Service Commission
- Planning Monitoring and Evaluation
- Public Service and Administration
- Public Work and Infrastructure
Provincial Administration (PDF Downloads)
How to Apply for DPSA Jobs
- Directions to candidates
- Applications on form Z83 with full particulars of the applicants’ training, qualifications, competencies, knowledge and experience (on a separate sheet if necessary or a CV) must be forwarded to the department in which the vacancy/vacancies exist(s).
- Applicants must indicate the reference number of the vacancy in their applications.
- Applicants requiring additional information regarding an advertised post must direct their enquiries to the department where the vacancy exists. The Department of Public Service and Administration must not be approached for such information.
- It must be ensured that applications reach the relevant advertising departments on or before the applicable closing dates.
- Directions to departments
- The contents of this Circular must be brought to the attention of all employees.
- It must be ensured that employees declared in excess are informed of the advertised vacancies. Potential candidates from the excess group must be assisted in applying timeously for vacancies and attending where applicable, interviews.
- Where vacancies have been identified to promote representativeness, the provisions of sections 15 (affirmative action measures) and 20 (employment equity plan) of the Employment Equity Act, 1998 should be applied. Advertisements for such vacancies should state that it is intended to promote representativeness through the filling of the vacancy and that the candidature of persons whose transfer/appointment will promote representativeness, will receive preference.
- Candidates must be assessed and selected in accordance with the relevant measures that apply to employment in the Public Service.
- Z83 Application form
- Public Service Vacancy Circular Minute – Year Programme