The short supply of skilled personnel is a serious obstacle to the competitiveness of our industry. The Skills Development Act aims to expand the knowledge and competencies of the labour force in order to improve productivity and employment.
The reason why skills development act was introduced is:
- To improve the quality of life of workers, their prospects of work and labour mobility
- To improve productivity in the workplace and the competitiveness of employers
- To increase the levels of investment in education and training in the labour market and to improve the return on that investment
- To promote self-employment
- To improve the delivery of services