SAPS Volunteer and Reservist Application Forms for 2021: The SAPS offers careers in various fields. If you join the SAPS you can either become a police official or a civilian employee. Police officials are employed in terms of the South African Police Service Act, 1995 (Act No 68 of 1995). Civilian employees are employed in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994 (Act No 103 of 1994). Most functional Police Officials are directly involved in preventing, combating or investigating crime. The other Police officials and civilian personnel carry out support functions.
How to Apply at South African Police Service?
- Applicants must take note of the fact that application forms are not for sale and any payment offered by an applicant or promises provided in this regard will be investigated and may lead to criminal prosecution. Applicants may report such incidents to the National Anti-Corruption Line at telephone number: 0800 701 701.
- Specify the Station for which you are applying. You are advised to apply to join as a reservist at a Police Station close to your place of residence as you will have to commute to and from the station with your own transport.
- Make sure you have signed your application form in front of a commissioner of oath.
- Attach certified copies of your: * ID Document, * Driver’s licence, * Matric/Senior Certificate (Grade 12 certificate or equivalent qualification), * Additional qualifications, * Proof of permanent employment, *Proof of residence.
- Submit two (2) colour ID photographs, one of which must be attached on the prescribed application form.