University of Stellenbosch Online Applications for 2021
University of Stellenbosch Courses Selection
- For Stellenbosch University you may indicate three programmes, because there are programmes with extensive selection processes and if you are not accepted to your first choice, you may still be accepted to your second or third choice.
- However, you can only be admitted to one programme at a time. If you are initially admitted to your second choice, and you are then admitted to your first choice, admission to your second choice will lapse. If you would rather continue with your second (or third) choice, you must let us know by the end of September at firstname.lastname@example.org. The offer you decline will expire.
- All our programmes have selection criteria, but the following programmes all have extensive selection processes: All programmes in the faculties of Medicine and Health Sciences, Engineering and Law; BA (Visual Arts); BA (Drama); BA (Music); BMus; BA (Sport Science); BSc (Sport Science); BEd (GenEd); BCom (Actuarial Science); and BCom (International Business).If your first programme choice is one of the abovementioned programmes, we recommend a second choice.
- If both your first and second choices are from the list of selection programmes above, we recommend that you indicate a third choice which is not from the list.
- Certain programmes such as BA, BSc, BCom or BEng have various fields of study. For example, in BA you can choose, amongst other, BA (Social Dynamics), BA (Law) or BA (Language and Culture). You must indicate the programme, as well as the field of study. If you do not indicate both the programme and the field of study, your application is incomplete.
- If you want to change your programme choice, send an email containing your request to email@example.com. Please remember that, after the closing date, you can be considered only if there are places available in the programme.
- To help you place your programme choice in the correct order, bear in mind the following:
|Medicine and Health Sciences, and Education||These faculties will consider your programme choice only if it is indicated as your first choice.|
|Law programmes||Selection for the programmes BA (Law), BCom (Law) or BAccLLB will be considered only as your first programme choice. The undergraduate, four-year LLB programme will be considered if indicated as a first or a second choice on your application.|
|Arts and Social Sciences||The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences will consider only first and second choices. Third choices will only be considered if the first and second choices are from the list of selection programmes above. You will only be considered for BA (Sport Science) if it is your first or second choice.|
|Economic and Management Sciences (EMS)||This faculty will consider first, second or third programme choices. If you have more than one EMS programme on your list, EMS will consider them in your order of preference. This does not include BCom (International Business), BCom (Actuarial Science) BAccLLB and BCom (Law). For these programmes, your application will be considered only as a first choice.|
|AgriSciences||This faculty will consider your application for one of their programmes as a first, second or third choice, with the exception of BSc Food Science (or any programme with Food as a subject) as well as BScAgric (Animal Science). For these programmes, your application will be considered only as a first or second choice.|
|Science, Engineering, and Theology||These faculties will consider your application for one of their programmes as a first, second or third choice.
University of Stellenbosch Courses
To view University of Stellenbosch Courses Click Here
2021 Applications Steps
Step 1: Before you apply
Make sure that you understand the University’s Admission Policy, and the admission and selection criteria of the different faculties before you apply. The policy, criteria and guidelines are available at Undergraduate Prospective Student website at www.maties.com, or you can contact our Client Service on +27 21 808 9111 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For postgraduate studies, please visit the Prospective Postgraduate Student website at www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies .
Step 2: Take note of the closing dates
Undergraduate closing dates for all students, including international students:
31 May: Applications close for the programme MB,ChB in the Faculty Medicine and Health Sciences.
30 June: Applications close for all other undergraduate programmes.
30 June: Residence applications close.
31 August: Applications for Stellenbosch University financial assistance close.
Applications Closing Dates for University of Stellenbosch
Postgraduate closing dates for all students:
Visit the Prospective Postgraduate Student website (www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies) for a list of the closing dates of all the postgraduate programmes offered for the 2021 intake year.
Closing dates for financial assistance:
31 August: Applications close for Stellenbosch University financial assistance.
30 June:Applications close for NRF (National Research Foundation) funding.
ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
|Currently in final school year||South African school system: Final grade 11 results according to the guidelines of the Department of Basic Education
International school system: Grade 11 results as well as list of final-year school subjects with levels. Also note: If you are enrolled in a foreign (international) school system, for example International Baccalaureate (IB) or a USA High School Diploma, you must apply using grade 11 (pre-final year) results. You must also supply a list of subjects taken in the final year of school (grade 12/13) with levels for the subjects and predicted results (confirmed by the school). Applicants from the Cambridge school system do not need to provide the predicted results for the final year subjects. You still need to provide the list of subjects and indicate the level at which you are taking them in your final year. For more information about matriculation exemption, visithttp://mb.usaf.ac.za/.
|Completed final school year||South African school system: National Senior Certificate (NSC)/Statement of symbols of final school leaving results.
International school system: Final school results from International Curriculum (Cambridge International, International Baccalaureate, etc.), including School of Tomorrow. Also note: If you complete your schooling in an international school system, you must meet the requirements set by Universities South Africa (USAF) for Matriculation Exemption for that system by the time you come to register. To determine whether you meet/will meet the requirements, please see: http://mb.usaf.ac.za and select the relevant country’s information. It is normally only possible to apply for a formal certificate of Matriculation Exemption during your first year of registration so you might not yet have it available when you come to register for the first time. You will, however, be able to register – provided that you qualify for exemption.
Additional subjects or rewrites: If you have completed additional subjects or rewrote subjects (or are busy rewriting the subjects this year), please include the subjects and grades.
|Currently enrolled at a tertiary institution (excluding Stellenbosch University qualifications)||
|Tertiary qualifications completed (excluding Stellenbosch University qualifications)||Include with final school-leaving results where applicable
Required Documentation for Application
All forms are available at www.maties.sun or you can contact our Client Service at 021 808 9111 or email@example.com
1. Contract (please print, sign and upload)
2. Proof of permanent residence or refugee status (if you are not a South African citizen)
3. Student support form (students with disabilities)
4. Additional programme specific documents (If applicable):
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences non-academic form
- Speech Language and Hearing Therapy, and Dietetics visitation form
- Portfolio requirements for BA (Visual Arts)
- Selection form for BA Drama and Theatre Studies
- BA (Sport Science) and BSc (Sport Science) non-academic form
More information regarding application can be found from the Univesity of Stellenbosch website
University of Stellenbosch Courses to Apply for in 2020
Click here to View Courses