Reasons why you should study Law Degree at UJ
- Contributing to the Faculty’s outstanding academic results is a highly qualified and motivated team of lecturers, boasting master’s and doctoral degrees in abundance.
- The UJ Faculty of Law has strong ties with some of the largest and most prestigious law firms in the country.
- Each first-year student is taken to visit a lower court, high court and the constitutional court – a truly unique experience.
- The UJ Faculty of Law has effective mentor and tutor systems that are in place to help students succeed in their current and future legal studies.
- The Faculty of Law boasts a world-class law library.
- In the module, Applied Legal Studies, final year LLB students obtain practical training and experience through real-life situations and working with real clients. • Students participate in moot court competitions annually. UJ has always performed exceptionally well at these competitions, both nationally and internationally.
- Students study law in the economic hub of Africa. Our sterling master’s degree programmes combine academic research with some of the specialised fields of legal and commercial practice, empowering students to participate authoritatively in their chosen fields.
- Unique study opportunities are available to students through international exchange programmes at overseas universities.
What to apply?
Download UJ’s Faculty of Law Undergraduate Prospectus
View all application information
Visit UJ’s website