Apply now for 2020 to study at UKZN – Online Applications
South African Applicants
UKZN Applications via the Central Applications Office (cao)
- All first-time South African applicants to UKZN for entry into degree/diploma study in the first semester (February) of an academic year (Grade 12s as well as undergraduate transfer students from other institutions) must apply via the Central Applications Office (CAO).
- Obtain the CAO application form and CAO Handbook from the CAO on +27 (0)31 268 4444 or CAO’s website at www.cao.ac.za OR institutions OR high schools. For UKZN, write to email@example.com.
- The CAO also has an online application facility.
- The forms have unique CAO reference/application numbers that must be quoted in all correspondence. The CAO system will generate a CAO number when applying online. Students can apply to more than one institution on the CAO application form. Applicants use the same application number for all institutions. Application for residence accommodation and financial assistance on the CAO application form. For UKZN, no further application forms are required.
- The CAO Handbook provides information on programmes available as well as information on minimum requirements for application to specific programmes. Applicants are allowed six choices that must be listed in order of preference.
UKZN Online Applications
The UKZN has developed an online application system. The following applicants can apply online:
- Postgraduate and international applicants;
- Returning former UKZN undergraduate Applicants;
- First-time entering South African undergraduate applicants should apply through the Central Application Office (CAO);
- A non-refundable application fee of R200 is payable to UKZN (late fee R400);
Download a Complete Brochure/ Prospecuts with all the information regarding UKZN Applications