Where to Study Teaching in South Africa: Part-time and Full-time Options
Where to Study Teaching in South Africa: Part-time and Full-time Options.
Are you looking for the best Teaching Qualification in South Africa? Browse a list of best Institutions to study Teaching qualification from.
University of Pretoria Faculty of Education
The Faculty of Education at the University of Pretoria is one of the largest and most diverse facilities in Africa for the initial and advanced training of education professionals from across the world.
The Faculty of Education is housed on the beautiful and self-contained Groenkloof Campus of the University of Pretoria. This faculty has the widest range of undergraduate and postgraduate academic programmes for any student who intends to embark on education studies full time or through distance learning. In recent years, each of these programmes was internationally benchmarked and draws growing numbers of students from countries across the world. Browse Education Qualifications and Apply here
The Bachelor of Education (BEd) from WITS
The Bachelor of Education (BEd) is a four year full - time degree offering specialisation in all phases of school learning, from early childhood development to senior secondary school.
Students may choose one of the following programmes:
- Foundation Phase Teaching: Grades R–3
- Intermediate Phase Teaching: Grades 4–7
- Senior Phase and FET Teaching: Grades 8–12
The BEd degree qualifies you as a teacher for any school in South Africa and entitles you to register with the South African Council for Educators (SACE).
University of Johannesburg Faculty of Education
We offer Initial Professional Education of Teachers Programmes, Continuous Professional Development of Teachers Programmes as well as Masters and Doctoral Programmes in the Faculty.
- The Initial Professional Education of Teacher Programmes (BEd and PGCE) that we offer as well as our Advanced Certificate and BEd Hons programmes aim at preparing caring, accountable and critical-reflective educational practitioners who are able to support and nurture learning and development in diverse educational contexts.
- Our Masters’ Programmes (coursework and dissertation based) aim at providing qualifying students with knowledge and skills that will enable them to function as critical-reflective, competent and accountable education practitioners and researchers who can contribute to the development of education knowledge at an advanced level.
- Our Doctoral Programme Students are required to undertake research at an advanced academic level culminating in the production, defence and acceptance of a thesis. Students are guided by committed and expert supervisors to acquire and demonstrate high-level research capability and make a significant and original academic contribution to the field of Education.
North West University Faculty of Education
Teacher Education at the North-West University has had a proud history since 1919, and the Faculty of Education is now the largest provider of contact and open distance learning in South Africa. The fact that so many teachers choose to upgrade their professional qualifications with us, and that so many prospective students apply for entry to the BEd and our other programmes says something. Browse Teaching Courses Offered and Apply